In the last week, TikTok opened hundreds of job openings around the world, 85 of which for São Paulo (SP) – including for internships. The social network that revolutionized the consumption of video content was the most downloaded app in 2022, with 175 million downloads.
- Why is TikTok banned in Europe?
- TikTok fined BRL 27.6 million for disabling cookies
Opportunities span functions across industries such as sales, product, marketing, customer experience, data, and engineering. The vacancies were made available on TikTok’s LinkedIn, where interested parties are directed to the company’s careers website and can apply. Check out the description of some of the functions below;
job openings on TikTok
Specialist in musical partnerships
The professional acts in the development of TikTok’s local music content strategy, managing the portfolio of the main creators and relationships with partners and their commercial agreements. The specialist in music partnerships represents the company at international events and engagements with partners, in addition to working closely with the Product, Marketing, Strategy, Operations teams and more. The position requires the following requirements:
- 5+ years of experience in music-related roles (preferably digital), comprehensive understanding of the music industry and the artist’s position within it, with a focus on trending genres and artists;
- Experience in relationship with artists and building this relationship to establish connections and encourage the growth of the product’s musical portfolio;
- Understand the video streaming landscape and be able to create/manage original content;
- Advanced thinking. Good understanding of the social media environment and content platform, able to keep up with new trends and also identify potential new ones;
- Look for new artists and possible new successes;
- Ease of intercommunication and public speaking;
- Strong organizational analytical skills, strategic thinking and ability to collaborate across functions;
- English is mandatory, Spanish is a plus.
Data Science Leader (Commercial Sector)
With millions of users, TikTok is increasingly investing in the commerce sector of the platform to offer an “all new” sales experience. The company seeks a passionate and talented professional to build an “innovative, secure and intuitive” eCommerce ecosystem. Check out the requirements that the opportunity requires, below:
- Have a master’s degree or higher. Specialization in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science are preferred — The professional may also have a degree in science or engineering, and have experience in data statistics, Reviews, modeling or related fields of work;
- At least 7 years of professional experience in the field of Data Science and have a good business sense in e-commerce;
- At least 2 years of experience in people management is required;
- Proficient in SQL/Hive/Python or R, with experience in massive data manipulation, machine learning and modeling;
- Technical knowledge of A/B testing methodologies, can explore and consistently find best practices;
- Insightful sense of data and rigorous logic mindset, able to provide systematic approaches to solve business problems;
- Global work experience or analytical experience is preferred;
- Verbal and written English skills are required for daily communications with global teams;
- Have a strong learning ability and curiosity; Quickly familiarizing and starting a new business; Can lead a small project team to support the business;
- Have strong ability to work under pressure, courage to overcome difficulties and accept challenges.
Solutions Engineer (Ads Sector)
The job description cites that TikTok is building a Solutions Engineering team to help its customers and external partners thrive on the platform. “As a Solutions Engineer, you will not only have the opportunity to identify and solve challenges by architecting and building solutions, but more importantly, prioritize customer success and work cross-functionally to help them achieve their business objectives.” Check the requirements for the application below;
- More than 3 years of experience sending production quality codes;
- Familiar with one or more general-purpose programming languages, including but not limited to: Python, Go, Java, C/C++;
- Ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences;
- Ability to collaborate with stakeholder groups of various sizes, internally and externally;
- Demonstrated knowledge of API and design of backend systems.
- Experience with leading engineering projects as a technical lead;
- Experience in advertising technology working with big data Reviews.
Applicants can apply for a maximum of two vacancies and will be considered for vacancies in the order in which they apply. Check the prerequisites for each vacancy below;
- Must be available to work while attending college;
- Forecast of undergraduate or graduate training in 2024 or 2025;
- Must have a work permit in the country from the moment of hiring and keep this permit during employment;
- Enjoy working in a global, fast-paced, data-driven and innovative environment;
- Have good knowledge of TikTok short videos and content creations;
- Having good English skills, written and oral, is a plus.
Internship in Sales
Sales interns work in support roles for TikTok’s monetization features, helping partner brands leverage the platform through the design and creation of campaigns. “We are a dynamic, high-growth team that uses a consultative selling approach to help our clients think differently about their marketing strategies,” reads the job description.
Internship in Marketing
The vacancy for Marketing Operations intern at TikTok works with the Global Business Marketing team, at the headquarters in São Paulo. The sector is focused on ensuring that Global Business Marketing is “a well-run business and organization, empowering staff to achieve their goals and stay in touch with their partners.” The full description can be accessed on the job page on LinkedIn.
B2B Marketing Internship
Those interested in the B2B Marketing internship on TikTok must be enrolled in a university related to Advertising, Public Relations, Communication, Digital Marketing, among others. The vacancy requires fluent English and Portuguese, proficiency in Microsoft Office tools and basic Photoshop skills. Additionally, the candidate must be familiar with social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube — as well as being active on TikTok.
how to apply