Digital marketing companies are gaining more and more prominence, as brands are learning the importance of having adequate content and correctly measuring the results of their campaigns in each media channel. However, one of the main obstacles that marketing teams face is knowing how to diversify these channels, avoiding the most competitive spaces, without falling into fraud.
- Free calendar brings together more than 250 marketing action ideas for 2023
- 5 big digital marketing trends for 2023
For Rodrigo Ferraz, Growth Manager at the growth transformation company Winclap, the lack of experience in channels outside of Meta or Google makes it difficult for professionals in the marketing sector to correctly use optimization levers, ad placement, audience segmentation and other resources to get the most out of each channel.
“This lack of knowledge is a barrier when testing new placements, as their learning curve is longer. After all, algorithms take time to collect data until they learn to optimize their ads for the most suitable users. But this learning curve can be overcome when working with paid media professionals with experience in different types of platforms. One of the most important things is to know how to identify fraudulent channels, before running a campaign”, he adds.
How to identify fraudulent media channels
Seeking new advertising channels to optimize investments in paid campaigns are sure strategies — especially when advertisers realize that they have reached the saturation point of the channel. However, when looking for alternatives, it is necessary to pay attention to some signs that may indicate a possible fraud. Check out the six main points to note, below;
- Check the transparency of channel information. Make sure they report standard metrics like impressions, clicks and conversion rates;
- Channels that offer much lower fixed CPA (cost per acquisition) and faster user acquisition than other mainstream channels.
- Few optimization levers (buttons) that marketing can control;
- Unclear placement of ads – you can’t tell where they will be displayed – and they don’t show the names of the websites/apps where the ads are running;
- Suspect results attributions: show significantly higher results compared to other channels;
- They do not show incremental results after running incrementality tests.
“Aware of these points, advertisers can and should follow a correct media channel diversification strategy. Working with professionals and specialized partners, the obstacle of fraud will be overcome, marketing teams will be able to spend their budget more efficiently and obtain better results for your investment”, concludes Ferraz.